Click through to see the step by step instructions. I would like to try this as I have lots of old jeans.
By Betz White
Repurposing with denim is a natural. Who doesn’t have an extra pair of jeans lying around that are outgrown, out of fashion or worn out in some way? Put that denim to good use by making up a few Denim Do-it-All Bins. They’re great for organizing your yarn stash, magazines, or craft supplies.
Materials (for large bin)
- One pair of jeans, any adult size or large kid size
- 1/2 yd lining fabric - lightweight cottons*, or mid-weight twill, canvas, etc.
- 1/2 yd interfacing, *needed for lighter-weight lining fabrics only
- 1/2 yd quilt batting
- 1 yd rickrack, ball fringe or other trimming
- Heavy-duty sewing machine needle for denim
- Fabric marking tool
- Fabric shears
Finished Measurements: Feel free to change the dimensions to suit your needs!
- Large: 10” tall, 10” diameter
- Medium: 9” tall, 8” diameter
- Small: 8” tall, 6” diameter
Note: Directions are written for the large bin, with medium and small measurements in parentheses.